Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Yarning On

So it's hump day.  I've had some stressful family issues happening since the weekend.  Just keep crochet, keep calm and crochet. Anyway, I found a skein of Lion Brand's Cotton Ease at the thrift store the other day.  I feels so nice, I can't wait to make something with it, now sure what yet.  Any ideas?

The picture doesn't do the colour justice but it's a nice light green. 

I started a new style of squares for my grey's granny blanket.
I used tutorial from Little Tin Bird's Site. Very easy. 


Four squares made and joined.



I also just got a new book this week.  Go Crochet!! from Ellen Gormley.  So far I love it. Lots of instruction and explaination on things in the beginning.  Patterns for various shapes inside.  And since I was doing the square thing I just tried this one. 



I highly recommend this book.

That's all for now. Happy Hump Day!

Check out some other blogs at the Yarn Along



And today I am featured at....

Fine Craft Guild

3 comments:

becktovintage said...

My dear friend,
I like your yarn colors so much and also I like solid granny squares that I made a crochet pillow and crochet napkin box cover with these squares. Solid squares seem compact and more decorative than the other granny squares I think. and making solid squares are easier than the others. I am waiting your crochet blanket curiously. All best days...

gretbert said...

I love your squares, I am totally obsessed with crochet at the moment!

Kara at Petals to Picots said...

I hope things calm down for you on the home front :( In the meantime, enjoy your new yarn by making something fabulous :) Thanks for sharing at my party. I can't wait to see your finished product. Have a great weekend :)