Saturday, September 29, 2012

The weeks go by...

I love short weeks at work.  They fly by.  I went back on Tuesday and got a call saying there was a bed opening in one of my long-term care choices for my dad.  I thought it would of been the one that they said was a short wait list but it was another.  So I was pleased about that.  I know he doesn't realize where he is or why, but it is a nice room and facility.  So that took up most of my Thursday of which I should of just taken the whole day off for.  

I have been working on my star stitch scarf here and there on lunch time. Evenings I try and get a few rows in on my ripple projects.  I have been seeing more fall postings in Blogland and wanted to get in on that.  I found a cute autumn wreath here. I had bought a wood ring for such a project. I started with some flowers. Now I'm working the wrapping or covering for the ring. 


And a pic from Instagram this week.  What's in my crochet bag.



And I found this on Facebook I'd like to share with my fellow crocheters.

10 Commandments of Crochet - Borrowed from a friend:

1. Thou shalt not call it "knitting". Nothing will raise the hackles of a die hard crocheter faster than mistaking this craft for the k-word.

2. Thou shalt always look before sitting down. Errant hooks can find their way quite easily among sofa cushions, and thus into tender body parts, regardless of how "well padded" they may be.
3. The Yarn Stash is sacred above all. Thou shalt never touch, move, organize, spindle or mutilate in any way. THIS MEANS YOU!

4. Yes, I do need all those pattern books.

5. There really is a difference between a work-in-progress and an abandoned project, although it may have been just as long since either one of them has been touched.

6. Thou shalt never interrupt my crocheting to have me watch the greatest play the team ever made. No, it isn't special; it's just like every other sports event on TV.

7. Do not remind me that there are more important things in life than crochet. I already know that. Right now, I can't really think what they are, but I know there must be something.

8. Never ask how much I spent on yarn, hooks or patterns. This will only force me to lie to you. Then I will feel guilty for lying, and of course, I can only allay my guilt by buying more yarn.

9. Never refer to my crocheted gifts to you as "homemade". Instead, they are "lovingly crafted" ... or better yet, "custom-styled".

10. Saturday morning is my time to devote strictly to crochet. Please honor it with no distractions ...and Friday night as well ...and probably Wednesday afternoon. And anytime I need to make a birthday gift. But that's it. Except for, of course, if I need to make a baby layette, or ...

Happy Weekend to you all!!

3 comments:

hooksandyarns said...

The Fall wreath looks like it will be nice. Love the Crochet Commandments - they're so true. :)

Carla Belyea said...

I laughed at rule 2 - my DH has to remember this one - uh, huh, crochet hook in the bum is no fun.

laydilyke said...

LOL Carla.