Monday, October 24, 2011

So much yarn, so little time

I guess I should start off my blog my sharing a bit about myself.  I am Canadian and live with my common-law hubby of 9 years and our 3 cats.  Work full time and have been also selling Avon on the side for 2 years.  I was taught how to knit when I was a kid by my mom.  I made only scarfs but lost interest.  Around the age of 20 I got into more crafting and thought I'd try to crochet.  I bought a book and tried the basic stitches.  I can't recall if I really made anything then.  Sometime last year I picked it up again.  Some other ladies at work were also crocheting and knitting and it got me to get out the hooks and yarn.  It is so much easier these days with the Internet and you tube videos to learn new techniques and find patterns.  Then I was told about Ravelry, the greatest site for crocheters and knitters.  Anyway, I do love to crochet and find I have to do something every day.  It is an amazing stress reliever and just a way to forget about the stresses of life.  It is an even better feeling to finish a project you have been working on for a while.  My problem is slight A.D.D. or multi-tasking monster.  I get bored of one project, jump to another, see something I would like to make and start that.  This is a trait I need to work on.  Anyway, here are a few of those many projects currently on the go.


Attic 24's Neat Ripple 
   A baby blanket I am making for a friend's first baby. 


Mini granny squares, not sure yet if I will add another colour or make it a scarf or blanket.



A shrug made with Lion Brand's Home Spun.  I had already made one in green but found the  sleeves didn't cover the arms enough, so this one I am improvising and adding length to the sleeves.  I will post the finished shrug when completed. 

There are so many great blogs out there on this craft and just life in general.  I hope I can keep up with it all.  

0 comments: