Saturday, June 15, 2013

Keep Calm and Carry On

My mother-in-law passed away yesterday.  She has been in the hospital these last few months and we've been visiting every other day.  She had broken her arm that landed her in the hospital and they discovered her cancer had spread to her bones and lungs.  Super nice woman, kind hearted.  My honey was partly prepared and saddened at the same time.  It's just comforting however to know she can breathe freely again and walk with no pain. I must send my crochet hearts with her. 

WIP - too many to count. LOL The baby sweater is coming along.  My first baby garment I've made.  Working on the hood and then will start the trimming in white.


And for a collage of other WIPs.


Left is the start of a poncho with some nice 50% cotton 50% acrylic yarns I found at the thrift store a while back. Top right, start of a granny security blanket. I will attach a character head in middle.  I'm trying to make it for my cousin's boy when she's in town for a visit next month.  Lower right, cotton throw blanket.

I've been practising on holding my hook differently as suggested by a co-worker to maybe help eliminate the movement that is causing my arm troubles.  I've been trying to hold it more like a pencil and twisting the hook more instead of twisting my wrist so much.  I went for my first acupuncture treatment last week and found it has helped already. 

Another thing I made last weekend was for the cat.  A simple cat nip bar. 
And my one cat loves it.
I got a great picture of all three of them together last week.
Left is the oldest 11 years, middle is the youngest 4 years and right is middle of 10 years. 






0 comments: