Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Bed Throw and more

I've managed to get quite a few rows done on this bed throw that is queen sized in width.  This was started by my aunt who gave it to me with the yarn to finish it.  It's cotton yarn so light enough for the summer.  

I made up a a little flower that I wore on my headband today.  Here it's pictured on a coaster that I had gotten in a swap last year.  

Honey and I went for a bike ride and I brought some saltine crackers as we go by these man made lakes nearby that the Canadian Geese swim in and we were lucky enough to see some baby ones.
 I've worked on my shawl a bit more.  Not so much on my ripple.  I got addicted the a new TV Series on HBO, Game of Thrones.  Great acting, story and costumes based from books by George R.R. Martin.  I also started reading a book called The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs.  Only in chapter one, I've been reading it on my phone on breaks at work etc.  I don't always make enough time to read as I once did before technology took over my time. 

This weekend is a long weekend for us here in Canada.  Monday is Victoria Day in honour of Queen Victoria.  And so far, the weather forcast looks amazing.  

4 comments:

Grateful4Crochet said...

My son and husband are loving game of thrones as well, and I read and really enjoyed the friday night knitting club! Hope you get time to get into it!

hooksandyarns said...

Your bed throw is coming along nicely. The flower is cute - I bet you looked pretty wearing it. :)

Katie B said...

The bed throw looks lovely so far!

Unknown said...

Love the way your bed throw it coming along! Thanks for sharing with us at Link It Up Thursday.