Saturday, May 9, 2015

Trying Times


One of the hardest things in life is having to face when you will have to put your pet down.
Especially when it's the suck, the baby, the one that loves to snuggle and purrs up a storm.
The vet found a mass in his stomach/intestines.  He's been randomly eating with the aid of 
some medications and near forcing.  He hasn't gone number 2 on his own in a while now.
The vet said that the mass could be obstructing that process. She suggested operating to take it out
however being 12 years old he may not recover.  So go in take it out and if she thought he couldn't recover put him down right there or if she did keep him a few days to recover.  And that boils down 
to money sad to say. Not to mention what time we would have left with him.
We opted for now to see how it goes with aiding him to eat and drink with syringe if need be.


I hope he has more time with us but will not let him suffer.

He so does love cuddling in my crochet.


The granny stripe is progressing.  Perhaps i'll turn it into a bag. 

On another issue I have recently reconciled with my estranged brother. We had been chatting
online since late last year here and there after a 3 year absence. He informed me he planned to 
move to the Yukon to be with his boyfriend.  Surprising to say that is a big move but now
I give him credit for making that jump in life and wish him luck.

I met up with him before he left and brought him to see our mother who she hadn't seem him
in the 3 years after turbulent family issues.  My father who had dementia wouldn't know who
he was to justify a visit.  I do believe mom was truly happy to see him again.


This is a view he posted that he got to explore in that area.


My brother on the right and his bf in the same view. 

Best of luck bro!

Happy weekend all!




4 comments:

hooksandyarns said...

I'm sorry to hear about your cat - I hope he will be ok. Congrats to your brother. :)

Becki said...

I love your colorful granny stripe (whatever it ends up being)! And how good it must feel to reestablish a relationship with your bother. :^)

kddomingue said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty. Our furry friends steal such a huge piece of our hearts and become such a big part of our families...... and it's heartbreaking when money is an issue when they become ill..... been there myself when we didn't have 12 to 15 thousand for surgery for our 13 year old boxer, Boss. On the flip side, it's lovely that you and your brother are reconciled. Best wishes that both kitty and relationship will continue to improve and get better with time.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your cat, it seems such a sweetheart. I hope he'll get some extra quality time with you. I had to say goodbye to my cat last autumn and it's really tough. So I wish you and your cat all the best.
Very beautiful granny stripe by the way!
I 've got my crochetblog for 2 months now, you can Always come and visit it: http://katkatkatoen.blogspot.be/
I only recently started to follow your blog, but it's really interesting and this post caught me.
Kind regards, Sigrid